RYA Youth Dinghy Stage 3 Course » Day 2 of 3
The RYA Youth Dinghy Stage 3 Start Sailing course builds confidence and develops the skills needed to sail in different directions in moderate conditions.
Junior Members £105, Junior Non-members £150
Sailing skills to the standard of Stage 2 (Improved sailing skills on all points of sail, tacking, gybing and improved boat control and speed)
3 days or equivalent number of sessions
Improved rigging, sailing theory, launching and recovery. Building confidence in a range of sailing techniques on all points of sail and capsize recovery.
Qualification gained on successful completion
Able to launch and sail a dinghy on all points of sail or around a triangle in moderate conditions.
The successful candidate is awarded RYA Dinghy Level 3 certificate.
Predominantly afloat but with some classroom elements.
Student / instructor ratio
- Use of boats, training materials and equipment.
- Course handbook, certificate and syllabus/logbook.
What you should bring
- Depending on the time of year, the Galley may be open for the purchase of breakfast, lunch and hot and cold drinks. If it will not be, you will be advised in advance so that you can bring your own food. Hot water will always be available.
- If you already have a syllabus/logbook, please bring it with you, including any certificates attached inside.
- What should I wear?
- Buoyancy aid of correct specification e.g. adult 50N (one will be provided if you do not have your own)
- Correct seasonal wetsuit or drysuit
- For inclement weather, a waterproof outer spray top or coat and base layers are recommended
- Appropriate enclosed footwear, i.e. wetsuit boots or trainers that can get wet
- Appropriate seasonal hat and gloves
- Swimming costume and towel
- Water bottle
- Change(s) of clothing
Please visit the club website to book this event.
Last updated 7:01pm on 21 February 2024