RYA Youth Dinghy Stage 1 Course » Day 3 of 3
The RYA Youth Dinghy Stage 1 Start Sailing course is an introduction to the parts of the boat and the basic principles of how to get a boat sailing.
Junior Members £105, Junior Non-members £150
3 days or equivalent number of sessions
Launching and recovery, sailing across the wind, turning around, steering and basic parts of the boat.
Qualification gained on successful completion
Able to sail across the wind, steer and understand the basic principles of sailing.
The successful candidate is awarded RYA Dinghy Level 1 certificate.
Predominantly afloat but with some classroom elements.
Student / instructor ratio
- Use of boats, training materials and equipment.
- Course handbook, certificate and syllabus/logbook.
What you should bring
- Depending on the time of year, the Galley may be open for the purchase of breakfast, lunch and hot and cold drinks. If it will not be, you will be advised in advance so that you can bring your own food. Hot water will always be available.
- If you already have a syllabus/logbook, please bring it with you, including any certificates attached inside.
- What should I wear?
- Buoyancy aid of correct specification e.g. adult 50N (one will be provided if you do not have your own)
- Correct seasonal wetsuit or drysuit
- For inclement weather, a waterproof outer spray top or coat and base layers are recommended
- Appropriate enclosed footwear, i.e. wetsuit boots or trainers that can get wet
- Appropriate seasonal hat and gloves
- Swimming costume and towel
- Water bottle
- Change(s) of clothing
Please visit the club website to book this event.
Last updated 10:58am on 2 March 2024