RYA Day Skipper Theory
RYA Day Skipper Theory 13 week course
For all yachties!! Learn how to make sensible decisions on board a sailing yacht. Essential if you are considering taking the RYA Day Skipper practical course.
- 13 x 3 hour classroom sessions. If guidance precludes classroom teaching we will postpone the start of the course.
- Held weekly at BSC from 18.30 - 21.30
- First session 4th January 2022
- Final session 29th March 2022
- Followed by two 1.5 hour examination papers on 5th and 6th April 2022
- Minimum age 12
- Some practical experience of boating is desirable
Course content includes seamanship, coastal navigation and pilotage, chartwork, electronic charts, position fixing, plotting a course to steer, weather forecasting and meteorology, tides, collision regulations. Successful students who pass the exam papers will have gained sufficient background knowledge to skipper a small yacht in familiar waters by day.
Course fee: £300 (members), £375 (non-members) includes course handbook, exercises, almanac, training charts, exams.
Students will need to provide their own plotter and dividers.
Please visit the club website to book this event.
Last updated 5:49pm on 27 November 2022