RYA Adult Dinghy Levels 1 and 2 Beginners Course
The RYA Adult Dinghy Levels 1 & 2 are combined into one course that runs over five full days. Progress quickly from beginner to a competent sailor in light winds, in a controlled, safe and enjoyable environment.
Level 1 - Start Sailing
A course for complete beginners. Learn how to sail in all directions and awareness of launching and recovery.
Level 2 - Basic Skills
Build your confidence and develop your skills. By the end of this course you'll be a competent sailor in light winds.
Adult Members £200, Adult Non-members £250
5 days or equivalent number of sessions
Rigging, launching and building confidence sailing in all directions. Capsize recovery and essential safety knowledge.
Qualification gained on successful completion
Able to sail confidently on all points of sail and make decisions in good conditions.
The successful candidate is awarded RYA Dinghy Levels 1 and 2 certificates.
Predominantly afloat but with some classroom elements.
Student / instructor ratio
- Use of boats, training materials and equipment.
- Course handbook, certificate and syllabus/logbook.
What you should bring
- Depending on the time of year, the Galley may be open for the purchase of breakfast, lunch and hot and cold drinks. If it will not be, you will be advised in advance so that you can bring your own food. Hot water will always be available.
- If you already have a syllabus/logbook, please bring it with you, including any certificates attached inside.
- What should I wear?
- Buoyancy aid of correct specification e.g. adult 50N (one will be provided if you do not have your own)
- Correct seasonal wetsuit or drysuit
- For inclement weather, a waterproof outer spray top or coat and base layers are recommended
- Appropriate enclosed footwear, i.e. wetsuit boots or trainers that can get wet
- Appropriate seasonal hat and gloves
- Swimming costume and towel
- Water bottle
- Change(s) of clothing
The following form part of this event:
Tickets for RYA Adult Dinghy Levels 1 and 2 Beginners Course
Please visit the club website to book this event.
Last updated 6:02pm on 27 November 2022