First Sail Sunday
This unique opportunity offers beginners an introduction to sailing in a casual setting and is designed to provide a memorable experience that will motivate newcomers to continue sailing. Participants will get out on the water with an instructor in a sailboat at Lake Norman Yacht Club.
The First Sail Experience features basic hands-on learning on board a sailboat that will cover topics such as:
- how a sail works;
- parts of a sailboat;
- points of sail;
- and important safety guidelines.
Please note the following.
- Cost is $45 = (children 8 and above with parent)
- 2 hour session starts at 2 PM on the following Sundays:
- May 7th
- June 4th
- July 9th
- August 6th
- Sept 10th
- Oct 1st
- Meet at 2 pm at the Clubhouse Crossroads downstairs. If you have questions please email me at the address below.
- Bring water, comfortable clothes and non-skid shoes.
Registration required on Clubspot at: https://theclubspot.com/register/camp/ubveYikDhe/class
Volunteers (LNYC Members only), please go here to sign up to help: https://theclubspot.com/register/camp/btxEJZyAnm/class
Paul DiMarco, LNYC Adult Sailing Chair
Last updated 4:45pm on 16 February 2023