Solo Open (National Solo Class Association Western Series)
PRE-BOOKING onto this event is essential for the event management
- This event is for the National Solo Class and is part of the National Solo Class Association Western Series.
- There will be a competitor briefing at 10.15.
- First race at 11.00, warning signal no earlier than 10.55.
- 4 races comprising 2 back-to-back, lunch, 2 back to back
- Presentation after the event when the bar will be open.
Entry is £12.50 for the event, payable on arrival at the club. We employ cashless payment only, i.e., a card or phone.
The club will be open to visitors from 09.00 on Saturday. Please register your arrival in the clubhouse.
The galley will be open during the day, including for bacon butties in the morning. The bar will be open after racing until people stop drinking.
For any further information contact Blair Jamieson, Solo Fleet Captain, BlairJam64@gmail.com.
- Camping is available on site for the Friday and Saturday nights with the changing rooms and toilets open for your convenience. Please contact the class captain to arrange access to the site. There are several local takeaways and restaurants that can serve all culinary needs.The bar will be open on Saturday evening.
- Competitors are invited to take part in the club class racing on Sunday morning, 2 races back to back. There is a Solo class start so a continuation of the preceding days action, a chance to get even!
We look forward to seeing you.
Whilst we wish all competitors a wonderful time.
- If you feel unwell or believe you have any of the symptoms of COVID -19, please do not visit our site.
Please respect "Hands - Face - Space - Fresh Air" for everybody's safety and enjoyment of the event.
Please click this link for the full details.
Prevention of the spread of invasive species
Whilst South Cerney Sailing Club is not aware of any issues with invasive species in our water, we are committed to the prevention of the spread of invasive species and as such we are following the Environment Agency and RYA guidelines "CHECK CLEAN DRY"
Visiting or returning sailors before travelling to SCSC should take all reasonable measures to:
1.CHECK for plant material and animal species (e.g., shrimp, zebra mussel, weed)
2.CLEAN wash boats, launching trolleys and kit
3.DRY for as long as possible before event, at least 2 days recommended.
Please make sure your boat has been clean and dry for at least 2 days prior to your arrival. Your booking onto this event certifies that this is the case. We also recommend that you check and wash your boat before leaving SCSC, facilities are made available for this
- Solo Open changes to sailing instructions 2022.pdf
- Solo Open 2022 Notice of Race v2.pdf
- SCSC Sailing Instructions 2022 rel 1_1 180122.pdf
Please visit the club website to book this event.
Last updated 8:12pm on 29 September 2022